Mamelodi Sundowns chairman Tlhopie Motsepe admits that the club will be active “as the transfer window progresses”, but refuses to be drawn on names.
The Brazilians have been heavily linked with former player Bongani Zungu after already confirming the arrival of Sipho Mbule from SuperSport United.
Zungu is a free agent after parting ways with French club Amiens but he is reportedly keen on remaining in Europe.
Down are reportedly willing to offer the player a three-year deal and meet all his financial requests, leaving the ball in Zungu’s court.
However, speaking at the club’s launch of their internship programme for young people looking to enter the football industry, Motsepe told media that there would be more arrivals but wasn’t being drawn on any names.
To learn more about the program and register your interest visit our website! ⬇️
— Mamelodi Sundowns FC (@Masandawana) June 17, 2022
“At the moment, we obviously cannot talk about any players who are not at the football club and are not part of our organisation. But we will be looking to bring in a few players as the transfer window progresses. But right now we would be disrespectful to speak about players that are not at our football club,” Motsepe said.
As revealed by Motsepe earlier this week, Mbule is hard at training at Chloorkop while his new teammates are still on holiday. Sundowns are also going to welcome Ethiopian striker Abubeker Nassir when pre-season starts at the end of this month.